Sunday, May 30, 2010

Some weeks are longer then others..........


That of course is not always a bad thing. This week has been full of all kinds of goodness, still exhausting but goodness.


Monday my friend Annie drove me to see Dr. Berardi. We have known each other for 22 years. She is one of those friends who I don't see that often, and I was so lucky to be able to have 5 hours to just connect with her. It was awesome, we laughed and talked the whole way down and back. We will still need a few more trips to get totally up to speed. We arrived early to the Dr.'s office and we were finished and leaving by the scheduled appointment time. It is so nice that these Dr. visit are so timely it makes them a little easier to handle. I officially have 2 breast mounds as Dr. B likes to refer to them. My left mound has 375 cc of saline while my right mound has 125 cc. I am still totally off balance, but my mounds should be equalized in 3 or 4 more visits.


The heart ultrasound came back normal so chemo is a go on June 3rd. What a relief it would really be a bummer if I had a bad ticker too...


I worked Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at the restaurant. I still do not have my stamina back and definitely am not performing up to my normal standards. Thankfully it hasn't been to busy and we have had some extra help to cover my slack.


Thursday was the Official start of Summer in the Rouette home. Not only was it the last day of school but it was also Corbin's 6th birthday. Days don't get much better then that for a kid. I spent the morning in the kindergarten classroom. It is amazing to see how all the kids have grown this year. They were exchanging phone numbers, planning play dates, and getting wound up in anticipation for summer. There was a sizzle in the air at the school and I have to say it was kind of fun. For the first time my family is a part of that sizzle. For quite some time summer break meant very little to me. One year of school under our belts and I have a completely different perspective. It is nice to not have to rush the kids and myself out the door in the morning. Summer will give us a little more flexibility on the home front which we could all use.


There is of course the work factor. I do have to get the kids into the right frame of mind to hang out at the restaurant a couple of days a week. Some days that is more challenging then others. For those of you with kids you know that last sentence could actually translate to "Absolute Hell" only on some days though. Isn't that how life works though? Challenges move from one aspect of your life to another, I am beginning to think that is part of the balance of the universe. Lately the key feels like accepting these challenges with a light heart. I am hoping to only need to take them to the restaurant a couple days a week. That will help me and also not bore them to death. We will see how the summer goes.


Corbin had one of the funnest birthday parties this year. It was at the YMCA gymnastics department on Saturday afternoon. This was the first time I had a party at a "venue" and I have to say the kids had a blast. The Y provides a couple of coaches which helps a ton, the fee was worth every penny. I also have a great family and friends network that helped me get all the other party details in place. I am still kind of reeling with the idea that I have a 6 year old and that he is going to be in 1st grade next year. Hooray for Corbin and a fun kick-off to summer.


Today was spent recovering from a week that was filled with too much fun. We stayed in our PJ's until noon. The boys then decided to take the 1st plunge of summer in the pool at the apartment complex. I don't know what the temperature of the pool was, but it definitely felt like snow run off to me. When you are 6 and 4 that just doesn't really matter. The boys got to play with some neighbor kids, this is what summer is all about. There is that fuzzy feeling again of relaxed summer fun. I had another friend stop by for a nice visit this afternoon. Then the neighbor kids came back for some fun and supper. This is what summer is supposed to feel like, kind of punch drunk off life and the little things.


This is living, drink water and breathe..........

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Corbin. I made some more Kimci, I will bring you some.

    ReplyDelete