Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Change of venue, change of date, PHASE 2 IS A GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems I got a birthday present 1 day early. The old adage is careful what you wish for, had I known it was going to be granted I may have opted for the powerball ticket.
I spoke with Dr. Bornstein this morning and it sounds like the hysterectomy is going to be a go. To what extent the it will actually be (full, half, or partial) I am not sure of at this point. I am now going to be admitted to Thompson Peak, 7400 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, Arizona 85255 480-324-7000. Surgery starts around 1:00 o'clock on Friday April 23rd and I will be on the table for around 4 or 5 hours. I don't think there is going to be an intermission :)
I will probably be admitted to the hospital for 4 or 5 days.
Thanks so much to all of you who sent positive thoughts and love my way it makes a difference. I have a lot to get together to be able to leave in time for surgery I will try to post along the way but may not have the time to do so.
The universe brought to me the exact conversation I needed tonight. I have a new friend named Kathy that is a breast cancer survivor. She has had the surgeries that I am about to have and her sharing her experience stopped the shaking of my insides. I realize my journey will not be the same as hers but to hear a voice full of love, hope and strength that has been on this path is exactly what I needed. I am not alone in this new club, it seems as if I am destined to be a joiner. Even though hospitals suck, I need to remember that I am in the care of wonderful medical professionals, receiving some of the best medical care in the world. No matter how strange and surreal surgery is, I am thankful to at least have the option to fight this disease.
Today it seemed a little easier....I guess it might be working....drink water and breathe.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - May be the best to get all the surgery accomplished at once. You won't need an intermission, you'll sleep through the whole thing. (Glad you have a strong sense of irony!)
    FYI - You might want to try the breathing first, and drink the water after - I always have problems when I try it in the reverse order ;-)

    ReplyDelete