Monday, August 27, 2012

curbside chemo service

My new cancer treatment is oral chemotherapy.  The good news is I don't have to drive to the pharmacy or go to the oncology office.  The folks at big pharm along with Golden State Overnight will deliver chemo to a patio or front door near you.  There is something so strange about this.  I have to sign to buy Sudafed but chemotherapy drugs can be left at the stoop?

I received my "xeloda" Saturday.  I couldn't open the box.  I opened it last night and sorted my pills for the week.  Now all I have to do is take them.  There is something completely overwhelming about this next round of treatment. 


I have spent the last weekend riding my bike to the top of the world,  both literally (according to local elevations) and figuratively. I had a mind blowing weekend, I faced so many fears from my saddle, and I persevered.  Things that were hard seemed easy, I was wrapped up in this bubble of fierce joy that propelled me to and through the next challenge. My highs and lows are worlds apart they some times just leave me raw and vulnerable. 

I need to hold on to that joy and just swallow these 2 little pills.

Drink Water and Breathe

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honey. Just catching up on your what and whereabouts. I hadn't seen any of your recent posts until now. Thinking of you. -Lauren

    ReplyDelete